» Alfa Romeo
» Aston Martin
» Car Wallpaper
» Land Rover
» Mercedes Benz
» Rolls Royce
The Lincoln concept features an independent rear suspension, with MacPherson Struts up front.
The engine selected for the MKR concept introduces a new generation TwinForce™ 3.5L twin-turbo, direct-injection gasoline V6, that is also capable of running on E85 ethanol. It is capable of 415-hp, and 400 foot-pounds force (540 N·m) of torque.
The interior design includes environmentally-friendly and renewable materials, such as cashmere leather, oak instrument panel engineered from recycled wood, mohair carpet, and seat cushion foam made from soy. The concept car also features the THX II-certified car audio system.
Special Projects Inc. located in Plymouth, MI was hired to be responsible for the building of the MKR. Special Projects has previously built many other concept vehicles for Ford including Ford 24/7 and Lincoln Blackwood.
Lincoln’s next flagship sedan, the Lincoln MKS, is due for launch in 2008, and the MKR concept borrows heavily from it. The MKR represents an expression of Lincoln’s future design strategy, which includes seven primary design features:
* Clean and uncluttered body surfaces
* High beltlines
* Chamfered surfaces which run parallel to the beltline
* Twin-port “bow-wave” double-wing front grille - inspired by the 1941 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet
* Thin horizontal headlamps, and thin LED tailamps that run the width of the vehicle
* Thick C-pillar that smoothly transitions into the cantilevered roof
* Pronounced cantrail / roofrails
If approved, a production version of the MKR would be launched in the 2011 time frame, most likely being assembled at Auto Alliance International in Flat Rock, Michigan alongside the Mustang, with which it shares a platform.
Check out the Lincoln MKR wallpapers and Lincoln MKR Pictures (pics) collection below: